Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! Who's Armando? Perhaps an aldergator?

Happy 20th Birthday Elizabeth! Elizabeth Siegel is one of my best friends who just happend to celebrate her birthday! Since she's away at college, I decided to send her a birthday gift via mail in the form of cookies. This girl is one of the funniest, sweetest and coolest people I've ever met. And as a fellow foodie, I knew that she would truly appreciate some cookies. Now, I've learned a lot about Elizabeth just in the 2 years I've known her. She's a unique person and only a unique cookie would do! So I dug through my collection of cookie cutters and knew right away which cutter I wanted to find. You see, along with Liz's hilarious personality comes, well, hilarious moments. Let me explain. Last year she traveld to Florida and brought back the cutest and most awesome souvenir I've ever seen. A little green rubber friend, we like to call Armando. Now, Armando is not your ordinary gator. In fact, he's maybe a crocadile, I'm not sure. What I do know is that he is NOT a lizard. Let's just get that straight!!! Anyway, Armando graced me with his presense at a bridal shower, and my life has never been the same. This lil' guy finds his way into our adventures often. He loves chocolate brownies from Ted Montana Grill just as much as he loves hanging out in a dorm watching episodes of Scrubs and eating Warhead's Sour Spray. He's quite the trooper. So, I figured, in honor of Elizabeth's birthday I would send her Armando Cookies. Now that's a one of a kind gift!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cookies you made for Elizabeth and the story, AND Armando! He's appeared at violin lessons too......But what a great birthday gift - you are so creative!

Anonymous said...

Not only did he appear at violin lessons, but he also helped navigate our trip to Cafe Laguardia. Is there anything that Aldergator can't do?

auroraslu13 said...

Hi Lisa! My name is Aurora and I work with Ryan at Loyola. I am a RN in the clinic and occasionally in the ICU! Ryan talks about you non-stop and I have heard such amazing thing about your cookies! I am getting married on October 10, 2008 and am very interested in your cookies as a wedding favor. (esp the tuxedo & wedding gowns!) Please email me when you have a chance & if you can, please give me some more info! And, how I can try out your yummy cookies! I hope all is well with you & Ryan!

Thanks,
Aurora
aurora.noworul@gmail.com