Saturday, May 3, 2008

'Til The Cows Come Home...

Or rather, 'til they leave the farm. My stepmom's uncle, better know just as Uncle Jim, was a dairy farmer for many years. How many? I'm not quite sure, but he grew up on a farm, so I'm assuming all his life. He lives up in Woodstock, and built a new house on his farmland. So everyone went over a few weeks ago to see the finished house and to celebrate his semi-retirement. I say "semi", because I'm sure he'll never give up farming completely. Along with retiring, came the decision to sell his cows. Uncle Jim's dairy cows hit the road a few weeks ago and I figured that cow cookies were just an obvious choice of dessert to bring to his party. Not that there is a shortage of baked goods at The Kagel Family gatherings or anything, but I know Uncle Jim has a sweet tooth for some of my baked goods. The cow cookie centerpiece was a huge hit. Moo.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were my favorite batch becuase of the little utters. You're an amazing baker, babe!